Today, Steve & I are celebrating our 8th wedding anniversary. I know that's not a huge thing to many couples, but to us it feels like a miracle. There's not much in either of our histories to suggest that we'd still be loving, honoring & cherishing one another this many years down the road. But somehow, Jesus has made it possible. He transformed us from two individuals who couldn't quite figure out how to make life work into something else entirely.
The Bible is filled with stories of transformation--people, couples, families, even entire communities become different when the power of God hits them. So I shouldn't be so surprised. Still, when you see this kind of thing happen in your own life, it's a little overwhelming.
So I'm here this morning, a little overwhelmed. But in the best possible way.
Thank you, God :)
Back to Changing Seasons
Blogs We Love
- Listening to the World: The Dangers
- The Art Of Listening: Week 3
- The Flowering of Truth: Part 2
- Great summer reads (& proof that I'm a dork)
- Life Lessons From Your Local Walmart
- What a difference a day makes
- The Art of Listening: Week 2
- The Flowering of Truth
- Celebrating Happily Ever After
- Row, Row, Row Your Boat
- Going Out in Style: Deaths Do Over
- Lifted Up
- The Art of Listening: Week 1
- In which God tells me "If you want to relax, drink...
- Totally Loved
- A New Question
- My June Mission, inspired by Kristen Wiig
- Going Out in Style: Flowers, Food, and Acessories
- ▼ June (19)
- ► 2011 (34)
- ► 2010 (13)