By Trish Ryan
Today starts week 2 of Project Learn to Relax, and I'm happy to report that so far, so good! I'm far more dialed down & mellow than I was six days ago, thus confirming my long-held suspicion that chick-flicks are one of God's many secret ways of communicating with us!
In the midst of all this don't worry/be happiness, I'll admit that one of the biggest challenges to my flowy new way of life has been the situations where I feel like I SHOULD do something...but I can't figure out what to do. You know, the problems that aren't within my control, the ones that depend on God to work in other people or circumstances for things to change. I hate those problems! I'm a good action-taker (hence the total cluelessness about what relaxes me), but not such a good wait-to-see-what-happens-er.
Yesterday, I read this passage in the Bible that helped:
"Land that drinks in the rain often falling on it and that produces a crop useful to those for whom it is farmed receives the blessing of God." - Hebrews 6:7
As I prayed about this, I sensed God challenging me to accept these seasons when my life is in a rain delay, so to speak, to relax. To resist the lie that worrying will accomplish anything, and sit back and absorb the gifts He's sending: Peace. Joy. Reassurance. Hope. The stuff I need.
Essentially, God told me, Be the dirt!
So those are my marching orders for the week. I will attempt to be dirt-like: calm, happy in sunshine and in rain, absorbing the good stuff and trusting God to put in some nice mulch to protect me from bad seeds.
Here's to a good crop :)
Back to Changing Seasons
Blogs We Love
- Listening to the World: The Dangers
- The Art Of Listening: Week 3
- The Flowering of Truth: Part 2
- Great summer reads (& proof that I'm a dork)
- Life Lessons From Your Local Walmart
- What a difference a day makes
- The Art of Listening: Week 2
- The Flowering of Truth
- Celebrating Happily Ever After
- Row, Row, Row Your Boat
- Going Out in Style: Deaths Do Over
- Lifted Up
- The Art of Listening: Week 1
- In which God tells me "If you want to relax, drink...
- Totally Loved
- A New Question
- My June Mission, inspired by Kristen Wiig
- Going Out in Style: Flowers, Food, and Acessories
- ▼ June (19)
- ► 2011 (34)
- ► 2010 (13)